Punjab Rozgar Scheme Loan, a flagship project initiated by the Government of Punjab, has been devised with a budget of Rs. 30 billion to offer subsidized credit facilities to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), both startups and established businesses. This endeavor is being undertaken in collaboration with commercial banks to support MSMEs by reducing interest rates and covering associated risks, thereby alleviating the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Punjab Rozgar Scheme significantly emphasizes creating job opportunities for the youth and stimulating economic activities. It is open to university graduates with entrepreneurial understanding and diploma and certificate holders from technical and vocational training institutes. Additionally, it extends support to existing businesses adversely affected by the pandemic.
Punjab Rozgar Scheme Details 2023 New Update
Under the Punjab Small Industries Corporation Act 1973, the Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) was established. It operates under the administrative jurisdiction of the Industries, Commerce, Investment & Skills Development Department (ICI&SDD) of the Government of Punjab.
PSIC’s primary mission is to bolster small-scale and cottage industries within the province by offering various forms of support, including credit facilities, credit guarantees to scheduled banks, access to infrastructure development, business advisory services, marketing channels, common facilities, the creation of artisans’ colonies, design centers, workshops, and institutions to promote and develop handicrafts. For further information, please visit www.psic.gop.pk.
The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a profound humanitarian and economic crisis. Economic activity has been halted by lockdowns and shutdowns, affecting every sector of society and the economy.
You can also apply for Ehsaas Interest-Free Loan.
The pandemic has particularly adversely affected daily wage earners, informal workers, and existing businesses. To mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on businesses and livelihoods, the Government of Punjab is prioritizing activities and programs that support the social sector and work towards reviving economic activity, thereby creating opportunities for people’s livelihoods across the province.
Punjab Rozgar Scheme Eligibility Criteria 2023
The Punjab Rozgar Scheme imposes the following eligibility criteria for processing loans:
- Age: Ages 20 to 50 are required for applicants.
- Gender Inclusivity: The program welcomes participation from individuals of all gender identities, encompassing males, females, and transgender individuals..
- Residency: Applicants should be Pakistan citizens and Punjab residents, verified through their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
- Business Location: The supported business must be located within the Punjab province.
- Business Type: The scheme accommodates various business structures, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, or any other business that meets the stipulated eligibility criteria.
- An applicant’s credit history or electronic Credit Information Bureau (e-CIB) must be clean.
For startups or new businesses:
- Viable Business Plan: Those starting new businesses should have a viable and well-documented business plan.
For existing businesses:
- Viable Business Plan with COVID-19 Focus: Existing businesses seeking support must possess a viable business plan that emphasises sustaining their operations in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Valid CNIC: New or existing businesses must have a valid CNIC.
- Additional Parameters: The Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) and the Government may introduce other eligibility parameters as needed.
These eligibility criteria ensure that the Punjab Rozgar Scheme supports many businesses and entrepreneurs while maintaining financial prudence and responsible lending practices.
پنجاب روزگار سکیم کے تحت قرضہ جات کی درخواستوں پر کارروائی کیلئے اہلیت کا معیار درج ذیل ہے
Terms & Conditions
|شرائط و ضوابط||خصوصیات|
|ایک لاکھ سے ایک کروڑ روپے تک|
ذاتی / شخصی ضمانت کی بنیاد پر: 100،000 روپے سے 1,000,000 روپے تک
رہن شدہ اثاثہ جات کی بنیاد پر: 1,000,001 روپے سے 10,000,000 روپے تک
پنجاب گرین ڈیویلپمنٹ پروگرام کے تحت قرضہ کی حد مندرجہ بالاہی رہے گی۔ تاہم اس کے لئے ا ن چھوٹے ادارو ں کی درخواست پر ترجیہی غور کیا جائے گا جو ماحول دوست ٹیکنالوجی اپنا نے کے لئے تیار ہوں اور ان کے ملازمین کی تعداد زیادہ سے زیادہ 10تک ہو۔
|قرضہ کی حد|
|نئے کاروبار کا آغاز|
پہلے سے موجودکاروبار میں توازن، جدت اور بہتری لانا
|قرض کا مقصد|
|پیداوار، خدمات، تجارت، زراعت اور مویشی پالنا|
پنجاب گرین ڈیویلپمنٹ پروگرام کے تحت ایسے کاروباری ادارے جن کے ملازمین کی تعداد 10 تک ہو یا ایسے دیگر چھوٹے کاروبارجو ماحول دوست ٹکنالوجی اپنانے کے ساتھ ساتھ توانائی کے ذرائع کی اِستعداد کار میں بہتری لا سکیں۔
|چھوٹی ،درمیانی اورگھریلو صنعتیں (MSMEs) سیکٹر|
|روپے2000 ( ناقابل واپسی ) درخواست جمع کرواتے وقت اداکرنے ہوں گے ۔||پراسیسنگ فیس|
02 to 05 years including grace period
|قرض کی مدت / واپس ادائیگی کا دورانیہ|
|06ماہ تک ( تاہم رعایتی مدت کے دوران بھی مارک اپ ادا کرنا ہو گا ۔ )||رعایتی مدت|
|بینک کی پالیسی اورگردشی سرمایہ کے مطابق مدت قرضہ||قرضہ کی قسم|
|فنڈ کی لاگت جو قرض خواہ کو ادا کرنا ہو گی|
زاتی / شخصی ضمانت کے تحت لیے گئے قرضہ کا 4% ( چار فیصد )
رہن شدہ اثاثہ جات کے تحت لیے گئے قرضہ کا 5% ( پانچ فیصد )
|80:20(مردوں کے لئے) جمع شدہ کاروباری منصوبہ کی کل لاگت کا 20% قرض خواہ کو لگانا ہو گا اور 80% حکومت مہیا کرے گی۔|
90:10 ( خواتین، خواجہ سراؤں اور خصوصی افراد کے لئے )۔ جمع شدہ کاروباری منصوبہ کی کل لاگت کا 10% قرض خواہ کو لگانا ہو گا اور 90% حکومت مہیا کرے گی۔
|قرضے کی فراہمی کی شرح|
|Loan limit||Under the Punjab Rozgar Scheme, loans are available in the following ranges:|
Clean Lending: Loans can be availed from Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 1,000,000 without collateral.
Secured Lending: For loans ranging from Rs. 1,000,001 to Rs. 10,000,000, collateral is required to secure the loan.
The loan limits remain the same under the Punjab Green Development Program. Micro-enterprises with a working workforce of up to 10 employees and willing to embrace environmentally friendly technologies will be given preference. This demonstrates the program’s commitment to supporting businesses prioritizing sustainable and eco-friendly practices while operating within the same loan limits as the Punjab Rozgar Scheme.
|Purpose of loan||Setting up of New Business: This facet of the scheme provides financial assistance to entrepreneurs and individuals looking to establish new businesses. |
Balancing, Modernization, and Replacement (BM&R) for Existing Businesses: The scheme also caters to existing businesses seeking to enhance their operations. These businesses can access funding to balance, modernize, or replace outdated equipment and processes, improving their competitiveness and efficiency.
Working Capital: The Punjab Rozgar Scheme recognizes the importance of working capital for businesses to maintain their day-to-day operations. It provides support to ensure businesses have the necessary capital to cover their ongoing expenses and investments.
|Processing fee||A non-refundable fee of Rs. 2,000 is required when applying. This fee covers the application processing cost and is not reimbursed, regardless of the application’s outcome.|
|Tenure of loan / Repayment Period||The term “from 02 to 05 years, including a grace period” indicates that the loan repayment period extends for a duration of 2 to 5 years and includes a grace period. |
During the grace period, borrowers are not required to repay any loan, allowing them some time to get their business operations on track before they begin repaying the loan. Once the grace period expires, the borrower starts making regular loan payments over the remaining loan period, which could be anywhere from 2 to 5 years.
|Grace period||The statement “Up to Six (06) Months (However, the markup will be charged during the grace period)” means that borrowers may have a grace period of up to six months. |
However, it’s important to note that while borrowers are not required to make principal repayments during this grace period, they will still be charged interest, referred to as “markup” in this context. In other words, the interest on the loan will accrue and be added to the total amount to be repaid once the grace period concludes.
|Type of loan||The reference to “term loan as per bank policy and working capital” suggests that the loan structure and terms will be based on the policies and practices of the bank or lending institution. Term loans typically have defined repayment terms and schedules, while working capital loans are designed to cover a business’s day-to-day operational expenses.|
|Cost of Capital||The cost of capital to be paid by the borrower under the Punjab Rozgar Scheme is as follows:|
For Clean Lending: Borrowers obtaining clean loans (those without the need for collateral) will pay an interest rate of 4% on the borrowed capital.
For Secured Lending: Borrowers securing loans with collateral will pay a slightly higher interest rate of 5% on the borrowed capital.
These rates represent the interest charges borrowers must pay on the loan amount they receive through the scheme.
|Debt: Equity||He figures “80:20 (For males)” and “90:10 (Women, Transgender, and Differently abled)” denote the respective financing ratios for different groups of borrowers under the Punjab Rozgar Scheme.|
For male borrowers:
They are expected to invest 20% of the project cost, and the scheme will cover the remaining 80%.
For women, transgender, and differently-abled borrowers:
They must invest only 10% of the project cost, while the scheme will provide 90%.
In both cases, the numbers represent the proportion of the project’s cost that the borrower is responsible for covering, with the rest being provided through the scheme. This structure is designed to encourage and support entrepreneurship and business development for these specific groups.
|Disbursement of loans||i. Security for loan limit from Rs. 100,000/- to Rs. 500,000/-|
Personal Guarantee of the borrower, along with a net worth statement.
ii. Security for loan limit from Rs. 500,001/- to Rs. 1,000,000/-
Personal Guarantee of the borrower.
At least one third-party guarantor with an overall net worth collectively equal to the size of the loan applied. The third party should be a citizen of Pakistan, a resident of Punjab, hold a valid CNIC, and not be older than 55 years. Additionally, the third party’s electronic Credit Information Bureau (e-CIB) should not have any overdue or write-off history.
Guarantee of a government employee with a rank of BS-10 and above, along with the borrower’s guarantee. Departmental Guarantee from the government employee is mandatory.
Net Worth / Wealth Description and Calculation Criteria: The net worth or wealth description and calculation criteria are not specified in the provided information. These criteria and calculations may be detailed in the official guidelines or documents of the Punjab Rozgar Scheme.
Borrowers must typically provide information about their assets, liabilities, and financial holdings to determine their net worth in the loan security evaluation process.
How To Apply For Punjab Rozgar Scheme/ Requirements Document
To complete your application, please ensure you have scanned copies or clear, easily visible images of the following documents ready:
- Picture yourself with your complete face.
- Printed on the front of your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
- An image of the back of your CNIC.
- Your latest educational degree or certificate (applicable for Matric, Intermediate, Bachelors, Masters, PHD, or any other relevant qualifications).
- Experience Certificates (if applicable): Please include any relevant experience certificates if you have them.
- Licensing or Registration Documentation with Chamber or Trade Body (if applicable): Please include your license or registration documentation from the Chamber or Trade Body if relevant.
- Scanned copies of the security documents you intend to offer as collateral when availing of the loan.
- Electricity Bill Consumer ID (Current Residence): The unique Consumer ID associated with the electricity bill for your current residential address.
- Electricity Bill Consumer ID (Current Office Address, if applicable): If you have an office address, please provide the Consumer ID for the associated electricity bill.
- Vehicle Registration Number (if applicable): The registration number of any vehicle registered in your name..
- For New Business (if applicable):
- An estimate of your monthly business income.
- Expenses associated with your household every month.
- Expenses associated with your business are estimated monthly.
- Additional Income Sources Information: Please provide details of any other sources of income.
- For Existing Business (if applicable):
- Actual monthly business income.
- Actual monthly business expenses.
- Actual monthly household expenses.
- Details of any other sources of income.
- Two references not blood relatives should provide their names, CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) numbers, and mobile phone numbers. These references will be used for contact and verification purposes.
Punjab Rozgar Scheme in Urdu
Punjab Rozgar Scheme 2023 Application form
- Check Eligibility: The initial stage involves confirming if you satisfy the eligibility requirements for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme. These prerequisites encompass age, income status, and educational credentials.
- Collect Required Documents: Upon verifying your eligibility, proceed to collect the required documentation. This may entail securing documents such as proof of identity, proof of address, educational certificates, and any other paperwork specified in the application guidelines.
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of the Punjab government or the specific department responsible for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme. Look for information related to the scheme, including application forms, guidelines, and instructions.
- Download or Obtain Application Form: Download the application form from the official website or obtain a physical copy from a government office, as specified in the guidelines.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and complete information. Double-check to ensure that all required documents are attached.
- Please submit the Application: Once complete, submit it per the instructions. This may involve submitting government office or bank.
- Pay Any Required Fees: Some government schemes may require applicants to pay a processing fee or provide other financial contributions. Be sure to follow the instructions regarding fees, if applicable.
- Wait for Processing: After submission, your application will be processed. This may take some time, and you may be required to attend an interview or verification process call.